1. Sign up to take the ACT if still needed and make sure you send your official scores to your potential colleges. (see the ACT Resources page for link)
2. Visit Colleges of interest. (see College and Universities page for links)
3. Apply to Colleges/Technical Colleges of interest.
- Be mindful of schools requiring the Common Application
- Check to see if your school offers a free application month
- If you qualify for a application fee waiver please see Mrs. Burton
- Request your transcript to be sent to the schools you have applied to
- Once you begin the application process, watch your email closely. Most Colleges will communicate via email.
- Pay close attention to admission requirements.
4. Attend the FAFSA meeting TBA. Please create your FSA ID prior to October 1st. (see scholarships and Financial aid for additional information)
5. Check the College websites for specific scholarships. These scholarships are usually open from September to December. Make sure you follow the requirements and request all information needed for each individual scholarship.
6. If you plan on being a student/athlete in college please see Mrs. Burton.
September 28th Last day to sign up for the October ACT. Remember, if you qualify for free or reduced lunch you qualify for a fee waiver. (Max 2 per student)
October 1st College Fair at Reeds Spring.
FAFSA will become available. I will have a night scheduled soon in October for senior night. Please make sure you and a parent create a FAFSA id before October 1st. I will send the link and direction by email. Also, parents will need their 2017 taxes available.
October 2nd Central Methodist will be here at 12:15. Please meet in the library.
October 3rd C of O will be here at 1:45. Location TBA.
October 9th & 11th FAFSA Frenzy in the business lab during parent teacher conferences, 3:00-7:00. Please have your FSA id done and you will need your 2017 taxes.
October 11th . Midwest Technical Institute will be here at 2:15.
October 22th-26th Red Ribbon Week
October 27th ACT